22 of the 27 EU Member States have implemented the 2012 analogue TV switch-off in line with European Union recommendations
- 22 of the European Union Member States are now switched over to digital. Switch-off is also complete in Croatia, Switzerland, Norway and Iceland.
- Pay DTT services available in 17 EU countries and 21 European countries.
- 86 new DTT channels launched in 2012.
- HD channels available on DTT networks in 22 European countries.
- In 2012, 369 new television channels were launched (on all platforms) in the European Union and 40% of these broadcast in HD.